Directions for Dogs
Learn how to protect your pet from fleas and ticks with PetLock™ Plus for Dogs.
Directions for use

Do not allow your dog to ingest this product. Do not apply to dogs weighing less than 6 pounds and less than 8 weeks old.

PetLock™ Plus For Dogs contains the active ingredients fipronil and (S)-methoprene that effectively target fleas, ticks, and chewing lice. PetLock™ Plus For Dogs is fast acting, long-lasting, waterproof, and easy to use. PetLock™ Plus For Dogs remains effective even after bathing, water immersion, or exposure to sunlight. PetLock™ Plus For Dogs can also be used on breeding, pregnant, and lactating bitches.

To kill adult fleas, flea eggs and larva, chewing lice, all stages of Brown dog ticks, American dog ticks, Lone Star ticks and Deer ticks (which may carry Lyme disease), and to aid in control of sarcoptic mange mites, apply this product ONLY to dogs and puppies (8 weeks or older) as follows.

  • 1Cut along scissor cut line to separate unit.
    Cut along scissor cut line to separate unit.
  • 2Turn unit over and cut corner at bulb end.
    Turn unit over and cut corner at bulb end.
  • 3From cut corner, peel backing completely off from bottom to top.
    From cut corner, peel backing completely off from bottom to top.
  • 4Remove the applicator.
    Remove the applicator.
  • 5Pull back top tab and cut off tip.
    Pull back top tab and cut off tip.
  • 6Place applicator tip through dog’s hair to the skin level between the shoulder blades.
    Place applicator tip through dog’s hair to the skin level between the shoulder blades.
  • 7Squeeze applicator, applying entire contents in a single spot on the dog’s skin.
    Squeeze applicator, applying entire contents in a single spot on the dog’s skin.
Precautionary Statement

HAZARDS TO HUMANS AND DOMESTIC ANIMALS

HAZARDS TO HUMANS

CAUTION:Harmful if swallowed. Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco, or using the toilet.

HAZARDS TO DOMESTIC ANIMALS
For external use only. FOR USE ON DOGS AND PUPPIES ONLY. Do not use on puppies under 6 pounds or on puppies under 8 weeks of age. DO NOT USE ON CATS OR OTHER ANIMALS. Keep cats away from treated dogs for 24 hours. If applied to a cat or ingested by a cat, contact your veterinarian. Individual sensitivities, while rare, may occur after using ANY pesticide product. Dogs may experience some temporary irritation at the site of product application. If signs persist, or become more severe within a few days of application, consult a veterinarian. If your dog has an unusual reaction to the initial application, consult a veterinarian before repeating treatment. Certain medications can interact with pesticides. Consult a veterinarian before using on medicated, debilitated or aged dogs. Call 1-855-844-4375 for 24-hour assistance.

SIDE EFFECTS
Monitor your dog after application. Side effects may include skin irritation such as redness, scratching or other signs of discomfort. Gastrointestinal signs such as vomiting or diarrhea have also been reported. If these or other side effects occur, consult your veterinarian or us at 1-855-844-4375.

 

Click here for the Safety Data Sheet (SDS)

First Aid

IF SWALLOWED
Call a poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice. Have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow. Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by a poison control center or doctor. Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.

HOTLINE NUMBER
Have the product container or label with you when calling a poison control center, doctor or going for treatment. You may contact us at 1-855-844-4375 for emergency medical treatment information.

KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN

CAUTION

STORAGE AND DISPOSAL
Do not contaminate water, food, or feed by storage and disposal.

PESTICIDE STORAGE
Store unused product in original container only, out of reach of children  and animals.

PESTICIDE DISPOSAL
If partly filled: Call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions. Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.

CONTAINER HANDLING
Nonrefillable container. Do not reuse or refill this container. If empty: Place in trash or offer for recycling if available.

DO NOT USE ON CATS.
Keep cats away from treated pets for 24 hours. If applied to a cat or ingested by a cat, contact your veterinarian.